VIDYA is a registered non-profit organization that has been working with less privileged children and women from last 26 years. VIDYA was established to educate and empower underprivileged children, youth and women from the slum areas through integrated methods and give them a fighting chance to make their dreams come true.
You can take a look at the VIDYA School ethos here.
One of our primary objectives is to be a role model school for the rest of the country. We think that underprivileged children deserve no less than what everyone else gets. Which is why our facilities are on par with elite schools, so that our students get a high-quality all-round education and exposure, preparing them for the best universities of the country.
- To provide education to the less privileged children in Gurgaon
- Provide holistic and quality early childhood development, primary and secondary education
- Providing all round development, including talent and art that develops “The Total Child”
- Allowing every child to dream, giving them the opportunity to become the future graduates of top business schools such as IIT and India’s future leaders and good citizens.
- Facilitating the ’empowerment cycle’ – helping less privileged children progress and equipping them with tools to better their lives, family and give back to society.
- The combined income of the family (all earning members) should “not exceed Rs. 15000” per month (affidavit of income proof should be submitted for all earning members of the family).
- The family should not own a house.
- The family should not own a car, washing machine, or computers.
- The economic status and income details will be verified by a survey undertaken by members authorised by the Management. A survey form will be filled up to indicate all the socio-economic details of the entire family (rent agreement / lease agreement / affidavit of residence proof to be submitted). Only those children that fit into the income bracket (total family income not exceeding Rs. 15,000 a month) will be considered.
- Age criteria for various classes is as under:
(a) Nursery: 3+ to 4 Years
- b) KG 4+to 5 years
(c) 1st Class: 5+ to 6 years
(d) The management may, at its discretion and with approval of the Chairperson, relax the age criteria by a maximum of 1 year.
For the purposes of admission to elementary education, the age of a child shall be determined on the basis of the birth certificate issued in accordance with the provisions of the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act, 1886 or on the basis of such other document, as may be prescribed.
- A maximum of 40 children will be admitted in each section.
- Entry level admission will be in the Nursery class.
- Vacancy for all other classes, if any, will be declared by 1st week of February
- All admission related details and dates will be finalized by December for the next academic year.
- No screening procedure will be adhered to. A child will not be selected for admission in preference over another other than a random method as mentioned in Rule 4 of the Admission Process
- Criteria for finalizing Admission list would be
- Availability of seats
- Income of parents
- As per government guidelines, 25 percent of the total seats will have to be reserved for students belonging to Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and rest of the seats would be open to general category students. Our school is unique in that all 100% of the seats are reserved for the EWS.
- 25% of the total vacancy will be reserved for random selection through draw of lots, the remaining will be short listed based on the point system mentioned below provided all the criteria mentioned in Clause 1-4 in the section on Criteria are met .If two candidates have the same total points then one will be selected randomly. There will be no discrimination/screening.
Points: Maximum 100
- Neighborhood: 40
- A Vidya Student from any branch: 20
- Girl Child: 20
- Single parent: 10
- Sibling: 10
- For Nursery admissions, forms duly completed must be submitted to the school by 25th January every year. For admission to other classes the forms must be submitted by 15th February every year. All forms will be accompanied by the following.
- Affidavit showing proof of income.
- Affidavit for proof of residence.
- Photocopy of the birth certificate/or any other permissible document as laid down by the government showing the birth date of the child seeking admission.( if available)
- SLC, if applicable
- On the basis of vacancy, the final list will be drawn on the basis of random selection provided the applicants fulfill the basic requirements. All applicants must meet the under privileged criteria and the rest will be placed on the wait list.
- If there is uncertainty or suspicion that the admission information provided is false or questionable, a second home visit on an unannounced basis may be conducted to verify the family’s residence and other factors observed during the initial home visit. The secondary home visit will include interviews of neighbours.
- Based on the above criteria, the system will generate a final list for admissions. This will be reviewed and the confirmed candidates will be taken through the formalities of admission into the school.
- Previous year’s report card (as relevant) will be required to be produced for admission to classes after than nursery. A Student who has attended a recognized school may be admitted only on producing school leaving certificate (SLC /TC) from the Institution last attended duly countersigned by the Head Teacher or the In charge.
- A general Medical Examination is conducted by the School Doctor for all selected candidates.
- The admission process will be completed by March of every year
- The Admissions Committee will comprise the Principal, the Head Mistress or Coordinator, a Senior Teacher, 2 members of the Managing Committee to be appointed by the Chairperson and 2 members from the sponsors . The primary role of the Committee is to review the documents of each candidate ensuring that the admission criteria are met and to finalise the list. They will forward the list with their recommendations to the Final Selection Committee.
- Final Selection is done by the members of the Final Selection Committee comprising Chairperson and/or Vice Chairperson
Various other Application Parameters
· Applicants who have siblings enrolled in the school must still meet all criteria with a limit of 2 children per family at a time. This facility would be available to the children who are admitted earlier, based on their date of admission.· The school will maintain a waiting list for any vacancies which may occur, for all classes. · A student accepted into Vidya School must register with the school, within the time frame given, or the student will lose his/her seat.· Students currently enrolled in any VIDYA School and in good standing do not need to submit an application on an annual basis.· Students who withdraw from Vidya School during the school year must re-apply for admission and the admission procedure will be followed afresh.
- A month’s notice in writing is required for withdrawing a student from the school by guardian/ parents.
- The transfer certificate (T.C) shall only be given on the receipt of written application from the parents/ guardian. The T.C. will only be issued if all school dues are settled.
Policy Drawn According to:
1) “THE RIGHT OF CHILDREN TO FREE AND COMPULSORY EDUCATION BILL”, 2008
2) VIDYA SCHOOL POLICY